How about some Stuffed Turtle Rolls tonight?
Stuffed Turtle Rolls
1 tsp. dried minced onion
¼ tsp. garlic powder
8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 C. Kraft grated parmesan cheese
1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 large carrot, shredded
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, packed in water
2 pkg (16 oz each) ready-made pizza dough
2 Tbs. whole cloves (optional, for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Drain artichoke hearts and chop coarsely. In a medium mixing bowl, combine artichoke hearts, cream cheese, garlic powder, minced onion, parmesan cheese, spinach & carrot. Set aside.
4. Take one piece of dough and divide in half. Roll one half into a ball, then flatten down into palm.
5. Place a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into center of flattened dough. Bring ends toward the center and pinch to seal, forming a round “body”. Place on greased baking sheet.
6. Divide second piece of dough in half. Roll one piece in to a sphere and place at one end of the stuffed roll as the “head”. Divide remaining pieces into four parts and roll to form “legs”. Place on either side of turtle body. Use one small pinch of dough for a tail.
7. Repeat with remaining dough until you have made 6 turtles (they should fill one baking sheet). Bake at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes while you assemble the remaining 6 turtles.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 with other package of dough.
9. Place any remaining filling in a pie pan and bake along with turtle rolls.
10. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Serve leftover baked filling along with rolls for dipping.
Optional: Press two cloves (“eyes”) into each turtle head before serving. Remove cloves before eating.