(as a side note, cooking videos are waaaaay harder than I thought! I have new respect for those Food Network folks!)
Basket Weave Stuffing Pockets
Serves: 6, Prep Time: 25 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 box Stove Top Stuffing Mix, Pork flavor
4 oz. butter or margarine
8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
12 oz. package uncooked sausage
3 large carrots
3 medium zucchini
Thyme springs (optional, for garnish)
Lemon slices (optional, for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare Stove Top Mix with butter or margarine as directed on package.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage and drain.
4. Return sausage to pan over low heat.
5. Microwave Philadelphia Cream Cheese for 30 seconds and add to sausage, stir until incorporated.
6. Add Stove Top to sausage mixture and stir gently to combine.
7. Using a potato peeler, slice carrots and zucchini into thin, long slices (see picture)
8. Drop zucchini and carrot slices into boiling water, cook for one minute.
9. Remove slices from water, drain and rinse with cold water.
10. On a 10” x 10” piece of parchment paper, line up 5 zucchini pieces next to each other.
11. Weave 5 carrot slices, one at a time, with the zucchini, forming a woven square.
12. Place ½ C. sausage stuffing mixture on top of woven carrots and zucchini. Spread to form a rectangle.
13. Wrap ends of zucchini & carrots around stuffing mixture, forming a rectangle (vegetables will not completely cover the stuffing mixture)
14. Tightly fold parchment around stuffing pocket and place on baking sheet.
15. Repeat with remaining zucchini/carrot slices and stuffing mixture.
16. Bake pockets at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, until warm throughout.
17. Remove parchment paper and place pockets on serving tray. Garnish with thyme and lemon slices, if desired.
YOUR recipe could win you $500! Go to Real Women of Philadelphia to learn more! They still have over $20,000 to give away!